Monday, August 30, 2010

Still waiting... patiently (by mom)

40 weeks.  Sebastian's estimated due date is tomorrow, August 31st.  I have a feeling he's going to be late...

After 75 votes, it looks like 56% of you were correct in your thinking he'd arrive after his due date.  31% voted he'd be early (wishful thinkers like me), and I'm still holding out that the 13% who voted for an on time arrival of August 31st are correct!

These past 40 weeks have been an incredible journey.  I honestly thought I'd be miserable the entire time.  After all, I gave up my body to play host for another human being--that can't be easy.  But it was.  It has been amazing.  Sure there were some bouts of morning sickness and there have been days where I've flat out been too tired to really do anything more than camp out on the couch all day, but I wouldn't trade this experience for anything else in the world!  Knowing Scott & I created a new life together is profound and humbling.  The coolest part is I've been the one lucky enough to nurture, support and bond with our little guy before he even greats the world.  Every day I've just wanted to introduce myself to people by saying, "Hi, my name is Kimberly and I'm growing a human.  What did you do today?"

Thank you to all of our amazing family and friends for your incredible support during this entire process.  And the biggest thanks of all to my hubby, Scott.  I know you'll be an exceptional father.  Sebastian is one lucky kid to be able to call you dad!

And to you Sebastian Russell Graime, come on out and play.  We're all so excited to meet you!

1 comment: