Tuesday, September 7, 2010

41 weeks... eviction notice has been posted (by mom)

Well here we are at 41 weeks.  One full week past my estimated due date.  It's actually been kind of nice having a few extra days to tie up loose ends.  We went for a super long walk yesterday hoping it would jump start labor, but to no avail.  Our last hope was all of our cheering for BSU last night... nope!  Oh well, I get one last day to myself.

We have an appointment to evict the little guy from his apparently super comfy current living space tomorrow.  I can't wait to meet him!  Fortunately we were told that I'm a "prime candidate for induction" since I'm already dilating and am fully effaced.  Fingers crossed for a super smooth labor and delivery tomorrow!  I hear it's one of the most amazing experiences a woman and family can go through.

Now that I know our little guy will be here tomorrow, it has given me a chance to reflect on this amazing journey.  Here are a few of my favorite moments of this pregnancy:

In no particular order:
- Seeing the 2nd blue line (positive pregnancy test)
- Scott's reaction to news he'll be a dad
- Buying Sebastian's first 'mini-Scott' outfit
- Deciding to name Sebastian in honor of Scott's grandfather
- Going through this process with friends (Ashleigh, Brooke, Meghan & Gita)
- Comparing & sharing stories with my own mom
- Going through yet another lifetime milestone with my BFF, Heather
- Hearing & seeing the heartbeat for the first time
- Feeling him kick for the first time
- Scott feeling him kick for the first time
- The ultrasound where he was opening/closing his mouth


This has been an incredible adventure... I can't wait until you are born, Sebastian, so we can start the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment