14 weeks along (2nd trimester--woohoo)!
Dom is the size of a lemon
I love how supportive my friends and family have been so far. It's so wonderful knowing Dom will be supported and loved right out of the gate! My only grumble so far is the growing list of things people who are not my doctor tell me I can't do. I do appreciate that people are concerned for the health and welfare of this baby, but honestly people, I'm not a meth head who smokes a pack a day and gets drunk every night, well not anymore at least (kidding mom & dad)!
So instead of focusing on the negative and listing all the things I can't do while pregnant, I'm going to start a list of all the things I can! How's that for positude!?
1. I can exercise! I can jog, hike, swim, spin, lift weights, practice yoga and even use my wii fit (yes someone really asked if I can still do that). How else am I going to prepare for the longest endurance event of my life?
2. I can eat fish! Yummy, yummy fish. Okay I know I'm supposed to avoid high mercury, raw, & farm raised fish which is fine, but let me be the first to admit I enjoy a tuna sub from Subway on occasion! Sing it with me: Five - - Five dollar - - Five dollar foot long!
3. I can take care of my house! I can mop, vacuum & dust with the best of 'em. Side note: No Scott, this does not relieve you of your portion of household chores. Just because I can clean, it doesn't mean I'm going to tackle every surface of our house! ;-) I know this one will come back and bite me in a few months...
4. We can keep our cat! So glad old wives tales are just old wives tales. I'd never get rid of Lily just because I'm pregnant. Now if she decides to continue using my belly as her own personal litter box (see sibling rivalry post below) I may start singing a different tune!
5. I can drink coffee!!!!! I can drink coffee!!!! I can drink coffee!!! Doc says to keep it under 200mg a day--I'll do you one better and keep it under 100mg a day. How do you like them apples?!
Obviously this is a partial list, but at least it's a start and a reminder of everything I can still do while also serving as the incubator for our baby!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hear all those! I once had a lady tell me that the soda I was drinking would give my baby birth defects. Um, thanks.
ReplyDeleteI just went skiing :) And ate some lunch meat sandwiches and a tuna melt. :) And I enjoy a Coke pretty much daily too...it helps me to not barf :)
Congrats again, I'm SO excited for you!!!
Nicely written my friend!!
ReplyDeleteOhhhhh, I need to start a list of things that I can still do too!! My doctor just vetoed our skiing trip in the Alps (definitely saw that coming) but now she is acting sketchy about our trip to Greece at the end of May! She better get over it because I want to go! :) Found your blog on babycenter and can't wait to read more! Sarah
ReplyDeletewww.gleatieanddeaner.blogspot.com
lol. I too found you on BBC.. and the quote made me smile cuz its something my dad says in my defense a lot. People are sooo stupid. And the strange things they decide to be picky about. Example: A friend came to visit me, and she brought her five year old. She's a pretty small child, and when I saw her I picked her up, gave her a hug, and walked in the house w/ her. No comments, no problems. But then I went out to the car and I took a box of RAMAN noodles out that I had left.. and same person goes "oh no, you can't lift that...." ??????????????? Enjoy. :D
ReplyDelete