Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baby's first... (by mom)

16 weeks
Dom is the size of an avocado

These past few weeks have been full of many firsts for our little fetus.  Sure brand new babies get their share of firsts (steps, words, etc), but too many people overlook the importance of baby's first experiences before they are expelled from the womb. 

1. Baby's first bowling expedition.  Dom is one heck of a bowler--look out Roy Munson & Ernie McCracken (I heart King Pin).

2. Baby's first hike up table rock: 3/7.  To think I climbed Borah Peak last summer and now I can barely make it up TR?  Maybe Dom wants to stick to indoor sports like bowling from now on. 

3. Baby's first trip back east:  3/11-3/15.  Dom officially loves NY/NJ pizza and bagels and may not allow me to eat Boise's versions of each from now on. 

4. Baby's first funeral: 3/12.  Rest in Peace Grandpa Kossak (see post below). 

5. Baby's first Nor'easter.  The fact that we made it out of NJ without more than a flight delay blows my mind.  It felt more like baby's first hurricane with the wind, rain and property damage.  Why do people live back east again?  Oh yeah--the bagels!

6. Baby's first March Madness bracket pick: 3/16. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!  I dare anyone to challenge this baby's bracket picks.  Really?  Who would bet against an unborn child?  That's just mean.

So there you have it.  Six incredible milestones that we're sure to never forget.  I mean who could forget the time a fetus successfully predicted the 2009-2010 NCAA basketball champion?  History will be made people!  Now please enjoy this week's cartoon...

2 comments:

  1. Your baby is obviously going to be brilliant picking the Jayhawks. I like him or her already

    ReplyDelete