
So throughout this pregnancy adventure we have been monitoring Dom's growth by comparing him to some sort of food. It has been quiet fun to see how fast the growth process is compared to what we eat on a daily basis. We are now in the 25th week and we now compare Dom to a Rutabaga. Now I have heard the word rutabaga before, but will be honest that I have no idea what one is. It is one of those things you just nod your head at when people are talking confirming you know what they are talking about, but really you have no clue.
So when I found out that Dom is now the size of a Rutabaga, where do I go? Google of course. Which then leads me to one of the best resources in the world, Wikipedia!!! So for all of you out there who are a bit ignorant like me and need some education on the Rutabaga here you go.
The rutabaga, swede (from Swedish turnip), or yellow turnip (Brassica napobrassica, or Brassica napus var. napobrassica, or Brassica napus subsp. rapifera) is a root vegetable that originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip. The roots are prepared for food in a variety of ways, and its leaves can also be eaten as a leaf vegetable.
So 25 weeks = A rutabaga = approx. 13 1/2in from head to heels & 1.5 pounds
No comments:
Post a Comment